The Senior SEO Strategist is responsible for leading and driving SEO strategies, tactics, and ROI for our clients including management, daily execution and maintenance of all SEO initiatives, such as keyword research, analysis, keyword tracking, and Technical SEO activities. The Strategist will work closely with our media, analytics and web development teams, as well as our account leadership to communicate SEO strategies to our clients and help to implement best in class SEO recommendations.
- Set and execute strategies to improve and increase organic rankings and search traffic while monitoring, tracking, and analyzing ranking performance on an ongoing basis
- Provide clients with strategic consultation, competitive analysis, as well as tactical experience in all SEO initiatives including onsite optimization related to metadata, page titles, URLs, redirects, internal linking structures, SEO copy, and sitemap reviews
- Research and implement content recommendations for organic SEO success. To include data-informed and keyword-focused strategies based on analysis of clients’ owned content, as well as creating new SEO-driven content recommendations
- Leverage SEO software and tools to monitor, analyze and optimize websites as well as regular SEO health audits to ensure websites are crawlable and fully optimized
- This also includes recommendations for optimizing website architecture, URL structures, internal and external linking, site migration and redirect plans and technical SEO remediation plans
- Conduct keyword research to identify and discover new keyword opportunities that support client keyword rankings and customer acquisition
- Provide SEO consultation and Technical SEO POVs to web development teams
- Consult with content marketing team and copywriters to integrate best in class SEO strategies
- Keep abreast of the latest SEO tools and techniques and communicate learnings to non-SEO experts in a mentoring role, helping to expand our agency search expertise
- Working with the client’s website developer to implement analytics code, metadata, tracking pixels, and work out tracking and other technical issues
- Ensuring that all client deliverables include actionable insights and analysis of past results, performance trends, relevant industry best practices, recommendations, and next steps
- Ongoing performance and reporting and the expansion of client SEO programs to achieve KPI's.
- 5+ years SEO experience
- Excellent time management and communication skills required
- Strong written, verbal, and visual communication skills
- Proactive and self-motivated
- The ideal candidate will be comfortable interacting with client contacts ranging from the Marketing Manager to the IT Director to the Webmaster
- Experience developing in-depth content strategy based on keyword and market research
- Technical experience in working with complex websites and the migration of sites
- Advanced knowledge of Google Analytics, GTM and Google Search Console tools
- Experience working with technical SEO tools such as Screaming Frog, SEMRush, and Moz
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business or other related field preferred
- Authorized to work in the US without employer sponsorship required
*About Connelly Partners:
At Connelly Partners, our vision is to be the world’s most aggressive advocate of the human voice and our day-to-day mission is to shine a light on the importance of human truths and their power in a data-driven world.
To protect our brands from self-importance, every team member has a role in amplifying their heartbeats and embracing empathy over entertainment. We value the importance of data, but also the power of emotion. We use data to ask better questions and are in the business of pursuing the WHY.
Headquartered in Boston, with a European hub in Dublin, not New York or London and another hub in Vancouver, not Toronto, we’re firmly rooted in shadow cities with an independent fire and a full-service approach. All resources are offered in-house for efficiency and consistency – strategic planning, creative, production (including an onsite studio), analytics, media, influencer marketing, social media, PR, technology and shopper marketing.
For more information on Connelly Partners, please visit www.connellypartners.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@ConnellyAgency), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ConnellyPartners).
Connelly Partners is unable to sponsor visas at this time.
*To protect the interests of all parties, Connelly Partners will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Connelly Partners will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.