As a Staff Accountant, you will hold a critical support role within the Finance Department as you help guide the foundational and shared financial obligations of all employees. Our newest employees count on you to lead them patiently through the new hire onboarding process. Bi-monthly, all employees expect all aspects of payroll to be executed flawlessly to ensure focus remains on producing award winning client work. And day to day, you'll support the Agency's decision-makers by contributing insight analysis collected through daily transactions of the organization.
The Staff Accounting performs a variety of general accounting support tasks in the accounting department which will require the following basic principles:
- Ensuring policies and procedures are being followed
- Verifying and ensuring the accuracy of all accounting documents or records
- Timeliness processing of all accounting functions.
- Investigating questionable data and reporting/resolving any discrepancies.
- Effective Communication within and outside the department
- Review and approve timesheets. The candidate will be responsible for training new employees and ensure ongoing companywide timesheet policy enforcement. The successful candidate will need to have an understanding of staff, clients and general agency knowledge and when combined with common sense and reason will be able to complete this task successfully. The candidate should have the ability and confidence to push back and ensure that timesheets are completed properly by staff and not take on fixing themselves.
- Review and approve expense reports. The successful candidate will need to have an understanding of staff, clients and general agency knowledge and when combined with common sense and reason will be able to complete this task successfully. The candidate should have the ability and confidence to push back and ensure that timesheets are completed properly by staff and not take on fixing themselves.
- Process semi-monthly payroll for 80+ employees including tax reporting and other payroll related items.
- Process 401(k) remittances and company matching program
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor in tracking and maintaining company benefit insurance policies (as part of the payroll process)
- Perform Benefits Orientation to New Hires
- Enter selected accounts payable relating to freelancers, monthly recurring invoices and other such accounts payable as needed.
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor and CFO with accounts receivable collections.
- Perform such other accounting, financial, or administrative tasks as may be required from time to time – quite often on short notice - by the CFO or Senior Management.
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Must be a perfectionist by nature, with no tolerance for financial sloppiness, highly analytical and able to multi task and complete projects on a timely basis
- Experience with Excel is required. Experience with accounting systems also required. Familiar with Workamajig, Connelly Partner’s Account system, would be nice, but not required.
- Must have very good verbal skills and will be highly organized
- Must have excellent work habits, including a willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done, especially when important deadlines cause greater than normal departmental pressures.
- Experience between 0 -3 years in accounting.
*About Connelly Partners:
At Connelly Partners, our vision is to be the world’s most aggressive advocate of the human voice and our day-to-day mission is to shine a light on the importance of human truths and their power in a data-driven world.
To protect our brands from self-importance, every team member has a role in amplifying their heartbeats and embracing empathy over entertainment. We value the importance of data, but also the power of emotion. We use data to ask better questions and are in the business of pursuing the WHY.
Headquartered in Boston, with a European hub in Dublin, not New York or London and another hub in Vancouver, not Toronto, we’re firmly rooted in shadow cities with an independent fire and a full-service approach. All resources are offered in-house for efficiency and consistency – strategic planning, creative, production (including an onsite studio), analytics, media, influencer marketing, social media, PR, technology and shopper marketing.
For more information on Connelly Partners, please visit www.connellypartners.com, follow us on Twitter and Instagram (@ConnellyAgency), or like us on Facebook (www.facebook.com/ConnellyPartners).
Connelly Partners is unable to sponsor visas at this time.
*To protect the interests of all parties, Connelly Partners will not accept unsolicited resumes from any source other than directly from a candidate. Connelly Partners will NOT pay a fee for any placement resulting from the receipt of an unsolicited resume.