The Media Director performs the function of senior statesperson and role model, directly responsible for the media accounts she/he oversees. First and foremost, the Media Director works in tandem with the Director of Media Services to lead in every sense of the word, providing mentorship, oversight, knowledge, impact, integration and results for her/his team, for the agency and for designated clients being led—ultimately acting as a positive Ambassador for Connelly Partners both internally and externally (media dept., agency, clients and industry).
- Capacity to move fluidly between digital and traditional channels (and tactics), and coalesce a team of specialists in specific areas into advocates for the best possible client business outcome
- Lead staff to be creative, innovative and proactive by going beyond what is asked, providing clients with the unexpected--motivate the team to ensure they are staying ahead of the curve/industry, and always introducing those new ideas to clients
- Ability to impart an audience-first mindset to both internal teams and client organizations, reinforcing the essential strategic role of Media in our clients' holistic marketing mix
- Help identify paths for career progression across the team and investing time, effort, and resources in supporting growth and personnel development
- Develop external and internal thought leadership, and an eagerness to work with our agency new business team to develop opportunities
- Establish significant synergies between growing team of internal analysts to support client business results
- Proven ability to create an agency-wide culture of information-sharing, breaking down knowledge silos, and evaluation of the effectiveness of past efforts with an eye toward future improvement
- Demonstrated ability to play a strong client-facing role for both full-service agency clients and media-only clients— and the ability to impart the same skills across the department at all levels
- Leverage planning and buying experience to help guide future departmental structure, efficiency and effectiveness
- 10+ years experience working in both full service and media-only agency world
- Strong working command of digital and traditional channels, and roles within a variety of client business and KPIs
- Presence - with the capacity to command a room; a true leader who is comfortable both with himself/herself and within our working culture
- Deep experience with a variety of media research tools and competitive tracking tools.
- Should be energetic, and a dynamic speaker