Dailybreak focuses on the 180-second pauses we take throughout our day. We do this by harnessing a state of the art interactive content delivery platform to serve rich and engaging content to an audience of 25 million readers across mobile, tablet and desktop. Consumers choose to interact with bite-sized content enabling them to learn, have fun, engage and be rewarded with both organic and branded digital experiences across various distribution channels.
As a Web Developer you will be an integral member of our development team and be asked to lead technical projects and initiatives. We expect you to be able to manage the end to end development process and follow best practices to support the continued growth and evolution of our platform.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Perform the role of primary or lead developer on multiple development tasks simultaneously, reliably meeting deadlines and delivering fully functional integrated code
- Passion to learn, explore, and encourage the development team to choose and utilize new web platforms, emerging standards, tools, and best practices
- Help mentor and guide the careers of other team members
- Respond timely to requests with viable solutions and provide accurate software development estimates
- 3 to 6 years experience
- Experience working with React in a production environment
- Experience with RESTful APIs, user authentication, caching concepts, the HTTP protocol and general web architecture
- Proficient in web application performance, security, and accessibility
- Knowledgeable of Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager and other related analytics platforms
- Proficient in interfacing with 3rd party applications, API and SAAS/PASS providers
- Experience integrating with Java Spring, Django, CakePHP or other backend frameworks
- Has thoughtful opinions and can lead a technical conversation with internal stakeholders and external clients
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills, able to work in a collaborative team environment