Quality Assurance Analyst
Breaktime Media is dedicated to a user experience that exceeds our internal and external customer expectations while leveraging innovative technology, data-driven decision making, and interactive content to drive business growth.
The Quality Assurance Analyst ensures quality of any change to our product, working closely with web developers, designers, client services, and product managers to help our users “Procrastinate with Purpose.”
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain test plans for product requirements, increase test coverage, and reduce risk for our websites and our custom CMS while maintaining delivery timelines
- Perform and/or manage functional testing, regression testing, performance testing, compatibility testing, and accessibility testing
- Work with Product Manager to make functional recommendations; add acceptance criteria to backlog issues and sprint tickets to improve development velocity
- Communicate and manage testing to be completed by an offshore testing vendor
- Monitor websites for any client-side and/or server-side errors, broken links, etc.
- Ensure any product changes integrate with analytics and SEO; monitor search engine indexes for errors/warnings
- Serve as triage for issue/bug reports; serve as a knowledge resource for the product
- Maintain list of supported browsers and devices
- 2+ years experience as a Web/Software QA Analyst or Engineer
- Experience writing and implementing automated UI tests preferred
- Familiarity with current web technologies (e.g., AWS, SQL/noSQL, Java, Git) and RESTful API services
- Familiarity in QA concepts, using testing tools and continuous integration environments (Jenkins)
- Familiarity with Agile development methodologies (e.g., Scrum, Kanban) and issue tracking and documentation software, such as JIRA and Confluence
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, able to work in a collaborative team environment
- Self-motivated with a positive can-do attitude; possesses organization skills to juggle multiple tasks within timeline constraints
- ADA/WCAG Web Accessibility Certification is a plus
About Breaktime Media:
Breaktime focuses on the short pauses we take throughout our day. We do this by harnessing a state of the art interactive content delivery platform to serve engaging, interactive content to our audience across mobile, tablet and desktop. Consumers interact with bite-sized content enabling them to learn, have fun, and be rewarded with both editorial and branded digital experiences across various distribution channels.
Note: We are unable to sponsor visas at this time.