The Operations Group (consisting of Finance, HR & IT) views the employees of CP as their clients. In that relationship dynamic, Operations strives to assist CP employees to maximize their performance, and by extension, that of the Agency clients. The Operations Group is the gatekeeper of all Agency information.
Specifically, the Finance Department develops and implements effective and efficient financial planning, reporting and accounting systems that help all Agency departments achieve their objectives. Members of the Finance team are in constant communication with various CP employees, obtaining necessary information in a timely and accurate manner and providing Management with the appropriate financial data to make informed decisions that ensure the overall financial success of the organization.
Connelly Partners is seeking an Assistant Controller to support the CFO in carrying out the responsibilities of the Operations Department (primarily focused on the accounting and finance function). This position will need to be involved with Connelly Partners and two international subsidiaries located in Dublin, Ireland and Vancouver, Canada. This position for the right candidate can evolve into other opportunities within Operations.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES
- Manage a staff of 2-3 people in Boston and liaise/oversee our accountants in Ireland and Canada, including review of their work to ensure accuracy
- Responsible for either performing and managing the day-to-day accounting functions including billing, collections, cash management, accounts payable, check runs, payroll, timesheet, expense reports, general ledger reconciliations, financial statement reporting, monthly forecasting and financial analysis
- Quickly master our accounting software, Workamajig
- Oversee benefits, benefit renewal and administration of benefits, including adherence to the benefit requirements
- Responsible for the yearend financial, tax and 401k audits and oversight of the Ireland and Canadian audits and communications
- Manage and handle the Company’s business insurance and renewals (General Liability, Employer Practices and Advertising Professional Liability insurance)
- Either enact or ensure all existing policies and procedures and internal controls are being followed and adhered to
- Provide a human approach and interface with our fellow employees in an effort to collaborate through education and training to ensure efficient and effective performance of required activities
- Work closely with the CFO to handle other projects and assignments
The successful candidate will have a minimum of 7-10 years of accounting and finance experience.
- Minimum 7-10 years of experience in accounting is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in accounting, or a Bachelor’s degree in business with emphasis in accounting, is required.
- Must be able to demonstrate ability to perform the job duties.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail is required and extremely critical.
- Problem solving is a must.
- The ideal candidate will be analytical, resourceful and able to multi-task and complete projects on a timely basis
- Strong excel skills required
- Experience with accounting systems required
- Familiar with Workamajig is desired, but not required.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Willingness to work the hours necessary to get the job done
- While WFH options are available, initial training will be done full time in the office. After which, being in the office, will be aligned with the minimum requirements of the CP Policy and the ability to successfully accomplish your essential job duties.